Our next selection is Why There is no God: Simple Responses to 20 Common Arguments for the Existence of God by Armin Navabi
Please join us for refreshments and friendly conversation - even if you haven't read the book! We'll meet in the Community Room at Cafe at 407 at 407 Tulip Street, Liverpool on Sunday, May 28th from 10:00 - 11:30 am. Hope to see you there!
About the Book:
• "Science can't explain the complexity and order of life; God must have designed it to be this way."
• "God's existence is proven by scripture."
• "There's no evidence that God doesn't exist."
• "God has helped me so much. How could none of it be true?"
• "Atheism has killed more people than religion, so it must be wrong!"
How many times have you heard arguments like these for why God exists? Why There Is No Godprovides simple, easy-to-understand counterpoints to the most popular arguments made for the existence of God. Each chapter presents a concise explanation of the argument, followed by a response illustrating the problems and fallacies inherent in it. Whether you're an atheist, a believer or undecided, this book offers a solid foundation for building your own inquiry about the concept of God.