***Updated plan for the event:***
[for information about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or about joining our team please scroll down]
- When: Registration is open from 4 until 6:15. We plan to arrive around 5:30. It would be a good idea to arrive no later than 6 so that you can fill out your envelope (see ”Envelopes” below) and register.
- Where: We will plan to gather between the registration booth and the Port-o-Pottys at the corner of Water and Clinton Streets. Those of us with white CNYHA t-shirts will be wearing them, so hopefully we will be easy to spot! We hope to have a banner if that helps you find us. Call 315-420-6664 or 216-496-0480, if you have trouble finding us.
- Shirts: If you have one of our brand new CNYHA shirts (“Doing Good for Goodness’s Sake!” on the back, and our round patriotic humanist logo on the front), we encourage you to wear it to the walk. If anyone would like to purchase a t-shirt to wear at the event (and at many, many future events!), we will have them for sale for $20 each.
- Envelopes: Each walker needs to turn in an envelope for registration at the event…even if you signed up to fundraise online…and even if you did all your fundraising online and have no cash or checks to turn in…and even if you are a child who didn’t raise any money but is just along for the ride (the envelope doubles as a waiver). We will have envelopes at the event for those who don’t already have them, which is probably almost everyone.
- What to Bring: Please make note of how much you have fundraised online and bring that information, along with any cash or checks you have received, to the event for registration. (Once you turn in your total, they will give you whatever perks you get, like the light up balloon if you raised over $100.) Bring your brand new CNYHA t-shirt, or $20 to buy one, if you’d like. And feel free to bring any flashlights or other glowing or light-up accessories you’d like.
Please join our team! Members and friends of the CNY Humanist Association are walking in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night event as part of the national Foundation Beyond Belief team, which has raised almost a million dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society since 2012. Money raised goes to fund research, therapies, and support for people with cancer everywhere, including here in Central New York. Go to our team site to join the team or donate!
(And please share with friends and family, too!)
It's going to be a fantastic night - have the whole family put together some fun glow-in-the-dark outfits, bring a flashlight, and help raise money for a wonderful cause! We hope to see you there!